Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Dublin!

The day after St. Patrick´s day I made my way to the only place on Earth I would ever want to be that weekend (other than home of course)....IRELAND!

My roommate from freshman and sophomore year, Meghan for those who don´t know her, is studying abroad in Dublin this semester so I made plans to go visit her. I absolutely LOVED being able to see her and see Dublin at the same time! Dublin is like a little Boston except with stronger accents and lots more Guinness! haha can you imagine??

I was able to spend five days in Dublin, which was the most time I have spent in a city on one of my weekend excursions. I wish I could have done that in every city because by the time I left I felt as though I really saw and got to know Dublin. We hit up everything from Trinity College and the Book of Kells to Galway and the Spanish quarter. Don´t worry, I made my way to the Guinness Factory where I toasted Mr. Chris MacDougall as promised, as well as tried some tasty Guinness pie!

The Dublin abroad program is also very different. They live in mini-suites in the same buildings with their own kitchens. Spending five days there, I felt as though I was on their program! The change was refreshing and I didn´t mind speaking English for a few days haha I also met a ton of BU students on the program I had never met before so I have a few new friends to start off next yera which is never a bad thing.

Spending that much time with Meg, I realized I worked WAYY too much last semester because I never got to see her or Eileen. Of course I only worked that much to make money for Spain, but I´ve definitely learned I need to balance work and a social life...I missed spending time with Meg and Eileen!!

So that was Dublin. I will post pictures once I am home (I always do these at work to avoid doing homework haha). I cannot wait to go back to Ireland only next time I want to do a full tour of the countryside too! I was thinking in four years once Ty graduates college so I have time to save some serious money/pay off my part of my soul owned by BU. Anyone down??

No comments:

Post a Comment